The blog formerly known as wordsxo

new-header

Remember this picture?

For the past two years, I’ve used the name wordsxo for my blog, with that header. Starting this week I’m saying good-bye to wordsxo and hello to my new author website and blog, known simply by my name.

Welcome to my new website and blog! (Bear with me, it’s still in progress!)

I hope you’ll keep visiting me at my new WordPress blog. I’ve been talking about making the jump for, well, about two years. More about that transition in a future blog. Right now, I just want to say welcome to my new home. Please sign up for my mailing list so you can receive updates about Desired to Death, coming next month! If you sign up by April 5, you’ll be entered in a contest to win a copy of the book.

I’m looking forward to many more posts here at my new blog, and I hope you are, too.

Comments

1. Lisa says:

Wow! Congrats. I wish I had the courage to do this.

• Julia says:

Thanks, Lisa … it was both more and less daunting than I expected. I had a wonderful designer helping me (which even made it possible). And I’m very glad to have broken free from Blogger.

Woohoo! So happy for this new look, friend–and of course, all the news that is ahead to go with it!

Yay you!!!

3. Yay!! It looks beautiful! You have some wonderful things on the horizon so we need to Google Chat soon. It has been too long, my friend!

• Julia says:

Thank you, Hallie!! And I would love to Google Chat…it has definitely been too long!

4. Nina says:

You did it!! Nice job! Seriously, it looks so great!

• Julia says:

Thank you, Nina!! You really helped inspire me! Your site always looks so amazing and professional!

5. Woo hoo! Looking fabulous, Julia. Such exciting things happening for you now!

• Julia says:

Aww, thanks, friend!! It wouldn’t be the same without my good friends to share it with! xox

6. Julia, I love the look of the new blog! I am all for names as blog titles (obviously), and I think the colors are soothing and the layout clean and professional. Great job! Look forward to seeing you settle in to your new home. :-)

• Julia says:

Thank you, Annie! I appreciate the housewarming and kind words. Looking forward to finding my way around and making a comfy home here. Thanks again!

7. Shary says:

Love your new site! Congrats on making the leap. I can’t wait to learn more about the ins and outs of the shift.

• Julia says:

Thanks, Shary!! Thanks for making the leap with me. At some point I’ll blog all about it!

8. Cheryl says:

Julia – Congratulations on your new author website! It is beautiful. :) Hope to be taking the plunge with one later this year.

• Julia says:

Thank you so much, Cheryl, glad you like it! Please let me know when you take the plunge, I’ll look forward to it. Thank you for your visit to my (new) site, and especially for your comment! :)

9. I LOVE it! Such a fresh, clean look and it’s still so very YOU. I’ll miss the wordsxo scribbled in the sand but I’ll always remember it. So excited for all the great things on the horizon for you. Hugs!

• Julia says:

THANK YOU :) I have to say, I shed a tear when I took down the old wordsxo blog, but as you say, there’s much to be excited about on the horizon! Thanks for celebrating with me, Natalia! Hugs back!

10. Ann Mc says:

Congratulations on the jump and the new site looks FAB! I can’t wait for you book to come out…..it sounds delicious!

• Julia says:

Highest compliment from my foodie friend, thank you! I can’t wait for you to read it, Ann! Thank you so much for the congrats!!

11. And there was much rejoicing! Yay. I love the new look. Though I probably will grieve wordxo for a while. I took the announcement that you weren’t vlogging from the bridge each Sunday pretty hard too. :)

• Julia says:

Thank you!! So glad you love the new look, Jamie. Just like you, I’m grieving wordsxo a bit… and I still miss those vlogs occasionally, too (but not early Sundays when we usually made them!).

12. Susan Okaty says:

How thrilling! Looking forward to reading more on your new site.

13. Love the new look, Julia – and the book sounds brilliant!

Whew! I finally made it over here! It looks wonderful. I love your new header. I can still see shades of the wordsxo in the sand influence, but somehow more clean and simple. Here’s to many blog posts and a successful novel release in 2013!

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

So glad to see you here, Barb — sorry it was such an ordeal to find me! I agree, lots of wordsxo influence (glad you see it, too!)… here’s to many happy posts and novels in 2013! Wouldn’t be the same without YOU!

15. Good luck with the site and the book, Julia. It looks lovely.

16. That is so exciting, Julia!

17. Weeeeeeelllll, I was really sad to hear about the demise of wordsxo. I loved everything about that site. :~) But when I came here I discovered how to instantly cure my nostalgia: excitement about your news. Desired to Death to be released in April!!! And when I read the blurb for the back cover it made me want to read the book REAL BAD. I’ve signed up for the newsletter so I can be in the draw to win the book. :~)

Congrats, Julia. I know it takes courage (and computer persistence) to make the move. Having been there myself, I know what it’s like. You’ve done awesomely!

~ Milli

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

I’m so happy to see you here, Milli — we both have new homes, kind of! I can’t wait for you to read Desired to Death and get to know Maggie True better. You’ve been one of her biggest fans all along. Thanks for your ongoing encouragment and support. It means so much!

18. Leah says:

I love the new site! Although I am sad to say farewell to that beautiful image. But it’s an exciting change. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

I’m so glad you like it, Leah! I’m sad, too, saying goodbye to that image, so I know what you mean. It makes it easier, knowing that all my old friends will still be here at the new place! Thanks for your support!

19. Congratulations, Julia! This is a lovely website and blog. I am looking forward to all of your new writing and your upcoming novels.

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

Thank you so much, Karen! I’m glad you like the website and blog, and really appreciate the anticipation of the novels and posts. Thank you for your encouragement and support!

20. Of course I will, and I am.
    Looking forward to more from you.
    I’m going to try to ditch my website from 1and1, and start another blog for my author website. I need to devote a little time to making it happen. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that.
    You made it. Well done.

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

So happy for your visit! Yes, it did take a little time, mostly in research and planning (but carrying it out wasn’t too bad for me… hiring someone to design and implement made all the difference in the world!). Thank you for your kind words, and looking forward to more blogging adventures together!!

21. I’m so late to the party! There are so many wonderful things going on here. I love the new site and the look. It’s clean and spare so I can just focus on your lovely words.

The next few month are going to be very exciting. I can’t wait to see what big things are around the corner for you!

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

Thank you, Jackie! Wow, you knew just the right words to say because clean and spare was exactly what I was going for! I appreciate even more the kind comment about my “lovely words” — thank you! So many exciting things going on, my heart is beating a mile a minute…

22. Wow! It looks lovely, Julia! So excited for you and can’t wait to read Desired to Death! Xxoo

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

Thanks so much, Jolina! I’m looking forward to getting it out there in the world! xox

23. I love that you’re on WordPress now, Julia! Looking forward to your next posts, :-)

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

Thanks, Mahesh! I have to admit, I love that I’m on WordPress now, too! I’ll try to deliver some interesting posts while I’m at it! :)

24. Julia,

Congratulations on your blog relaunch. It looks beautiful and we are so excited about following the progress of your book launch. Best of luck on all! Mary Dell and Lisa

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

Thank you so much, Mary Dell and Lisa!! I’m so happy you like the new blog look, and will look forward to letting you know about the launch — coming up in just a few weeks. Thanks again, Julia

25. olivecollins says:

Hi Julia,

Congrats on your new blog and having the courage to make the change. It’s all moving in the right direction. All of the very best with it.

Olive

• Julia Munroe Martin says:

Thank you, Olive! I’m glad you like the direction I’m going, and so appreciate the kind words and encouragement! Best, Julia